ONLINE SAFETY - NUDIES & SELFIES
What a Parent & Carer Needs to Know!
Below is a series of four short animated films designed for parents and carers offering advice on how to help keep your children safe from the risks associated with sharing nude and nearly nude images.
The films are aimed to help you as parents and carers to: -
1. Understand young people's motivation for sending nude selfies.
2. Plan to respond positively and constructively to an incident in which your child has shared a nude selfie.
3. Gain confidence and skills in initiating preventative conversations.
4. Identify risky behaviours or situations and know when and where to seek help.
5. Know how to get help if a child is at risk after sharing an image.
Film One: Understanding Why
Film Two: Talking to your child
Film Three: When should I be worried?
Film Four: How to get help.